Cataphoresis paint application, which is a water-based anticorrosive paint coating system and electro-coating process founded on electrochemistry principles, is a method widely-used in various sectors because of its superior technological properties such as even and complete coating of all kinds of component geometry, high corrosion resistance, perfect efficiency with its recovery system, low environmental pollution since its is a water-based system, and low fire risk.
Cataphoresis coating (Electro-coating) is a very efficient method in protection against corrosion by painting metal components having complex geometry, and in the last years its application becomes widespread in various sectors other than automobiles. ED coatings, unarguably used for automobile bodies, have started to be used also for the surface coating of wheel rims, radiators, washing machines/dishwashers and various vehicle components.
• Homogeneous film thickness and appearance
• Perfect coating of sharp corners, sealed volumes and welded areas
• High production speed
• Very little loss (practicaily 0%)
• Environmentally friendly (water-based, low solvent content system]
• Low fire and health risks
• Protection against corrosion
• Ideal consistency with last layer coatings and adhesion
• Fully automatic, reliable process